Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Honeysuckle

At the park around the corner from our house the other night, BJ + I taught the boys how to suck the nectar from honeysuckle blossoms. I used to do this at my grandmother’s house when I was about H’s age and remember convincing myself that I was “full” from the effort and didn’t need to eat dinner. Both boys took to it very industrially. R grabbing large handfuls of blossoms [see photo below, which absolutely cracks me up and makes a great wallpaper / screensaver shot] and methodically working each one; H designing a more efficient system of nectar extraction, then distracted by his [incredibly] loose tooth. Just nice to know that should they ever be forced to forage for survival, they won’t have to forgo a little sweetness after dinner.





No comments: